The MAE Department is holding its 2nd vlog competition for MAE students to showcase their knowledge and creativity. All current undergraduates and postgraduates in the Department are welcome to join this competition. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity and you may win up to HK$2,500 cash coupon!
Details of the Vlog Competition are as follows:
- UG MAEG
- UG EEEN
- MPhil/ PhD
All students in the Department of MAE
Vlog Theme and Content
3-minute video on a project
- UG & MSc projects i.e. FYP/ extra-curricular/ coursework
- MPhil & PhD research projects
Cantonese or English only
The winner of each division will receive:
- UG EEEN: HK$2,500 cash coupon
- UG MAEG: HK$2,500 cash coupon
- MSc: HK$2,500 cash coupon
- MPhil/ PhD: HK$2,500 cash coupon
All entrants will compete for:
- Most Liked Video Prize: HK$1,000 cash coupon
For Prizes in the four divisions:
- Content (40%)
- Creativity (30%)
- Filming and video quality (30%)
For Most Liked Video Prize:
- Video that has received the most likes on YouTube before the closing date (16 May 2022 at 2:00 p.m.)
- Produce a 3-minute video with resolution 720p or higher
- Upload the video to YouTube (public or enlisted)
- Fill in the registration form: https://bit.ly/36njI4N
18 April 2022: Submission Deadline
2:00 p.m., 16 May 2022: Closing Date for Most Liked Video Prize
18 May 2022: Result Announcement
Late May 2022: Collection of Prizes
Rules and Regulations
1. The entrant must seek approval from his/her supervisor or course teacher on the video content before applying for this competition.
2. The maximum video length is 3 minutes.
3. The language of the video should be Cantonese or English only.
4. The entrant should appear in the video.
5. The resolution of the video must be 720p or higher.
6. The title of the video must contain i) CUHK and ii) MAE or programme name (i.e. EEEN/ MAEG).
7. The entrant must include the following information in the video description box:
- MAE Department Website: http://www.mae.cuhk.edu.hk
- MAE Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MAE.CUHK
- MAE Instagram: https://bit.ly/3q89s5w
- MAE YouTube: https://bit.ly/39nV6Zd
8. The entrant must not infringe any copyright or intellectual property of any person.
9. The entrant must ensure all provided information in the video to be genuine and correct.
10. The entrant must refrain from using obscene, violent, pornographic, insulting, provocative and inappropriate language or content.
11. After submission, the entry should not be modified, exchanged or returned.
12. The winner of each division should provide the original file of the winning video in MP4 format to the Department for promotional use.
13. The entrant shall grant the usage rights, including renaming, copying, editing, distributing, broadcasting of parts or/and all footage of the entry to the Department of MAE.
14. The Department of MAE reserves the right to use details of the winning video on its own social media channels for promotional purposes.
15. The Department of MAE has full authority to make final decisions in all matters related to this competition, including the rules and regulations, prizes and other arrangements without prior notification.
16. The entrant is believed to accept the above rules and regulations once submitting the entry. Any violation of the rules and regulations may result in disqualification from the competition. There is no appeal mechanism in this competition.
Miss Stella Wu (Tel: 3943 7026; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Miss June Au (Tel: 3943 8044; Email: email@example.com)