Yue Chen received her B.E. (’15) and Ph.D. (’20) degrees in Electrical Engineering from Tsinghua University, and her B.S. (’17) degree in Economics from Peking University. She was awarded as the Outstanding Graduates and Excellent Thesis for both Bachelor and Ph.D. From 2018 to 2019, she visited California Institute of Technology (Caltech) working with Prof. Steven H. Low. She was the recipient of Stanford Bits & Watts Postdoc Fellowship, 2019 IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid Best Reviewer Award, and was selected as the 2020 Rising Stars in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) by UC Berkeley and the 2020 Rising Stars in Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) by Carnegie Mellon University.
- Smart grid and smart city
- Integrated energy systems
- Optimization and game theory
- Mathematical economics
EEEN2030 Energy and Environmental Economics and Management
Journal Papers (in the recent five years)
- T. Li, B. Sun, Y. Chen, Z. Ye, S. H. Low, A Wierman. Learning-based predictive control via real-time aggregate flexibility. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2021, early access.
- M. Li, W. Wei, Y. Chen, M. Ge, J. P. S. Catalao. Learning the optimal strategy of power system operation with varying renewable generations. IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, 2021, early access.
- T. Li, Y. Chen, B. Sun, A. Wierman, S. H. Low. Information Aggregation for Constrained Online Control, Proceedings of the ACM on Measurement and Analysis of Computing Systems, 2021, 5(2): 1-35.
- Y. Chen, W. Wei, H. Wang, Q. Zhou, J. P. S. Catalao. An energy sharing mechanism achieving the same flexibility as centralized dispatch. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2021, 12(4): 3379-3389.
- Z. Wang, F. Liu, Z. Ma, Y. Chen, M. Jia, W. Wei, Q. Wu. Distributed generalized Nash equilibrium seeking for energy sharing games in prosumers. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 2021, early access.
- Y. Chen, C. Zhao, S. H. Low, S. Mei. Approaching prosumer social optimum via energy sharing with proof of convergence. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2021, 12(3): 2484-2495.
- W. Wei, Y. Chen, C. Wang, Q. Wu, M. Shahidehpour. Nodal flexibility requirement for tackling renewable power fluctuations. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 2021, 36(4): 3227-3237.
- Y. Chen, T. Li, C. Zhao, W. Wei. Decentralized provision of renewable predictions within a virtual power plant. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 2021, 36(3): 2652-2662.
- Y. Chen, S. Mei, F. Zhou, S. H. Low, W. Wei, F. Liu. An energy sharing game with generalized demand bidding: Model and properties. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2020, 11(3): 2055-2066.
- Y. Chen, W. Wei, F. Liu, E. E. Sauma, S. Mei. Energy trading and market equilibrium in integrated heat-power distribution systems. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2019,10(4):4080-4094. (ESI Highly Cited Paper)
- S. Talari, M. Shafie-khah, Y. Chen, W. Wei, P. D. Gaspar, J. P. S. Catalao. Real-time scheduling of demand response options considering the volatility of wind power generation. IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, 2019,10(4): 1633-1643.
- Y. Chen, W. Wei, F. Liu, Q. Wu, S. Mei. Analyzing and validating the economic efficiency of managing a cluster of energy hubs in multi-carrier energy systems. Applied Energy, 2018, 230: 403-416.
- Y. Chen, W. Wei, F. Liu, S. Mei. A multi-lateral trading model for coupled gas-heat-power energy networks. Applied Energy, 2017, 200:180-191.
- Y. Chen, W. Wei, F. Liu, S. Mei. Distributionally robust hydro-thermal-wind economic dispatch. Applied Energy, 2016, 173:511-519.
- Dispatch method for hydro-thermal system considering the distribution characteristics of wind power output, China Patent, ZL201810102789.X, Feb 21, 2020. (with S. Mei, W. Wei, L. Chen, S. Huang)
- Low loss circuit for series charging and discharging of batteries, China Patent, ZL202023317938.6, Jul 19, 2021.
- Energy sharing game-based method and device for accommodating renewable energy, China Patent, 201910886588.8. (pending, with S. Mei, W. Wei, F. Liu)
- S. Mei, W. Wei, F. Liu, and Y. Chen. Engineering game theory basics and its application in energy systems. Tsinghua University Press, expected to be published in 2021.