MA Xin is a Research Assistant Professor of the Department of Mechanical and Automation Engineering at CUHK. He received the B.Eng. and Ph.D. degrees in mechanical and electronic engineering from Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, China, in 2011 and 2017, respectively. From 2017 to 2019, he was a Research Post-Doctoral Fellow with CUHK. From 2019-2021, he was a Post-Doctoral Researcher with School of Engineering Technology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA.
- Robotics and automation
- Computer Vision
- Medical Robot
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
- Sensors and actuators
- Xin MA, Chengzhi SONG, Philip Waiyan CHIU, and Zheng LI. “Visual Servo of a 6-DOF Robotic Stereo Flexible Endoscope Based on da Vinci Research Kit (dVRK) System”, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, 5(2), 820-827, 2020.
- Xin Ma, Peng Wang, Minxin Ye, Philip Wai Yan Chiu, Zheng Li, “Shared Autonomy of a Flexible Manipulator in Constrained Endoluminal Surgical Tasks”, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, 3 (2019): 3106-3112.
- Xin Ma, Chengzhi Song, Philip Wai Yan Chiu, Zheng Li, “Autonomous Flexible Endoscope for Minimally Invasive Surgery with Enhanced Safety”, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, 4(3), 2607-2613, 2019.
- Song Chengzhi*, Xin MA*, Xia Xianfeng, Philip Wai Yan Chiu, Zheng Li, “A Robotic Flexible Endoscope with Shared Autonomy: phantom study with cholecystectomy”, Surgical Endoscopy, (2019): 1-12.
- Li Weibing, Xin Ma, J Luo, L Jin, “A Strictly Predefined-Time Convergent Neural Solution to Equality and Inequality Constrained Time-Variant Convex Quadratic Programming”, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, 2020.
- Xin Ma, Philip Chiu, Zheng Li. “Shape Sensing of Flexible Manipulators based on Statics Model and Bezier Curve”, IEEE sensors journal, 10(21), 11684-11691, 2020.
- Xin Ma, Philip Wai Yan Chiu, Zheng Li. “Shape Sensing of Flexible Manipulators with Visual Occlusion based on Bezier Curve”, IEEE Sensors Journal. 18(19):6412-6422, Oct. 2018.
- Xin Ma, Philip Wai Yan Chiu, Zheng Li. “Real-Time Deformation Sensing for Flexible Manipulators with Bending and Twisting”, IEEE Sensors Journal. 18(15):8133-8142, Jun 2018.
- Xin Ma, Wei Liu, Ling Chen, Xiao Li, Zhenyuan Jia. “Simulative technology for auxiliary fuel tank separation in a wind tunnel.” Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, 29(3):608–616, June 2016.
- Wei Liu, Xin Ma, Xiao Li, Ling Chen, Yang Zhang, Xiaodong Li, Zhiliang Shang and Zhenyuan Jia. “An Experimental System for the Release Simulation of Internal Stores in a Supersonic Wind Tunnel,” Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, 30(1):186-195, 2017.
- Zijian Qiao, Jian Liu, Xin Ma, Jinjiang Liu, “Double stochastic resonance induced by varying potential-well depth and width”, Journal of the Franklin Institute, 358(3):2194-2211, 2021.
- L Zhang, Xin Ma, Y Wang, R Song, J Li, W Yuan, “The increasing district heating energy consumption of the building sector in China: Decomposition and decoupling analysis” Journal of Cleaner Production, 271, 122696, 2020.
- Wei Liu, Xin Ma, Zhenyuan Jia, Yang Zhang, Zhiliang Shang and Xiao Li. “Position and attitude measurement of high-speed isolates for hypersonic facilities,” Measurement, 62:63–67, February 2015.
- Wei Liu, Zhenyuan Jia, Xiao Li, Hongyue Yan, Xin Ma. “A three-dimensional triangular vision-based contouring error detection system and method for machine tools.” Precision Engineering, 50: 85-98. October 2017.
- Li X, Li W, Yin X, Ma X, Zhao J. Camera-Mirror Binocular Vision-Based Method for Evaluating the Performance of Industrial Robots. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement. 2021 Nov 13;70:1-4.
- Li X, Li W, Ma X, Yin X, Chen X, Zhao J. Spatial light path analysis and calibration of four-mirror-based monocular stereo vision. Optics Express. 2021 Sep 27;29(20):31249-69.
- Balakuntala, Mythra V., Upinder Kaur, Xin Ma*, Juan Wachs, and Richard M. Voyles. “Learning Multimodal Contact-Rich Skills from Demonstrations Without Reward Engineering.” IEEE ICRA,
- Praveen Abbaraju, Xin Ma*, Guangying Jiang and Richard M. Voyles, “Aerodynamic Modeling for Multirotor UAVs with Nonparallel Actuators”, IEEE IROS,
- Praveen Abbaraju, Xin Ma*, Harikrishnan Manoj Krishnan, L.N Vishnunandan Venkatesh, Richard Voyles, “Inspection-on-the-fly using Hybrid Physical Interaction Control for Aerial Manipulators”, IEEE IROS, 2020.
- Long Qian, Chengzhi Song, Yiwei Jiang, QI LUO, Xin Ma, Philip, Wai-yan Chiu, Zheng Li, Peter Kazanzides. “FlexiVision: Teleporting the Surgeon’s Eyes via Robotic Flexible Endoscope and Head-Mounted Display”, IEEE IROS, 2020.
- Xin Ma, Wei Liu, Xiao Li, Zhenyuan Jia, Ling Chen and Weixiao Liu. “A Photogrammetry Pose Measurement Method for Moving Targets in a Wind Tunnel.” IEEE I&M International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, 2016.
Honours and Awards
- National Graduate Student Scholarship, Awarded by Ministry of Education, P.R. China, 2015.11.
- National Graduate Student Scholarship, Awarded by Ministry of Education, P.R. China, 2012.11.
- Fellowship for Outstanding PhD Proposal Thesis, 2016.10.
- Prize for Research Excellence. Awarded by DUT, 2016.4.
- Scholarship Awarded by Dongfeng Nissan, 2014.12.
- Scholarship Awarded by Mitsui Chemicals, 2012.12.
- Outstanding Bachelor Degree Receiver, Awarded by Education Bureau of Dalian City, 2011